Friday, January 31, 2014

It's CURRENTLY February...And I'm The Sponsor!



I'm SO excited!  Yes, it's February...but most of all, I'm sponsoring Farley's Currently over at Oh Boy It's 4th Grade!  I am super PUMPED so make sure that you stop by her blog and leave so love!  That Farley chic is kind of awesome!  


So, what am I CURRENTLY up to?



LISTENING...To my daughter snore!  Lately, my 10 year old daughter has been sleeping in our bed.  Yep, that's some great sleep there!<insert sarcasm>

LOVING...My newest hobby!  I think that I'm becoming OBSESSED with SEWING {drops head}.  Yes, I said sewing!  I received a sewing machine for Christmas 2012!  Yep, 2012!  I finally made my first "real" project (I may have messed up a beanbag or two).   Anyway, I was SO proud when I made my pouch WITH PIN TUCKS AND A ZIPPER!  Woot woot!!!  Yes, I did that!  Now....finding the time to sew...hmmmm.....


THINKING...About fabric...{drops head AGAIN}!  I really like to go in WalMart and Hobby Lobby now and look at all of the beautiful fabric.  Here's a secret...I want to make my 17 year old daughter's prom dress!  Lol!  You read my mind...SHE  WOULD KILL ME!!!

WANTING...More snow days without snow!  Earlier this week we were out of school for two days because of the weather.  It did not snow, but I am so glad that our Superintendent took precautions.  I was on the couch in PJs for two days!  I REALLY was...snacks and all!  On a more serious note...Prayers for all of those affected by the nasty weather lately.

NEEDING....To go grocery shopping!  It's been a LONGGGGGG... time since our last payday!  Well, only a month and a half!  The kids are probably tired of pretzels in their lunchbox!

TWO TRUTHS/ONE FIB...

TRUTH?--I know how to clog!  I took it as a PE in college and LOVED it!  Most of my family and friends don't even know that I can clog!


TRUTH?--I ABSOLUTELY DISLIKE veggies!  Please don't tell my kids!  It's hard to preach "Eat your vegetables!" when mom is secretly tossing hers in the garbage.

TRUTH?--I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to exercise!!!  I live and breathe to exercise!!!  I'll tell you right now---this is my FIB!

Whew!!!  Those felt more like confessions!!!

Now, it's your turn!  Hop on over to Farley's blog Oh, Boy It's 4th Grade and tell us what you are CURRENTLY up to!  



Thanks for stopping by!


15 comments:

  1. We've gotten lots of snow and COLD days (-50 windchillls - yay Minnesota! - sarcasm). It's cool about the sewing, so great to get that first project out of the way :)

    Amber
    SSSTeaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. After I posted my currently.... my dog started snoring, really strange. I guess he wanted more of a shout out. Good luck with the sewing hobby...... You might need more hours in the day to blog and sew! I am a lil tired of snow here on the East Coast. But I tell you , my husband is getting good use of his new snow blower.

    Congrats on the Currently sponser!

    Iteachkidsabc@gmail.com
    :o) V.
    Special Teacher for Special Kids

    ReplyDelete
  3. clogging??? really!!! that is so cool... thanks for being a sponsor!!! I hope this brings you lots and lots of traffic :) and you got the NUMBER ONE SPOT!!! it is your lucky night!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what clogging is! I imagine you dancing around in dutch type shoes, lol! My cat snores and it is the funniest thing! I love the little bag you made and that fabric is gorgeous. Maybe you can make me a new teacher bag with that fabric;)

    Aloha,
    Corinna (✿◠‿◠)
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clogging!? That's very cool! We've had four snow days total so far, but we've had the bitterly cold weather and snow to go with it. So, I'm kind of jealous of you! Congrats on being a sponsor!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahah! Love the comment about the veggies!! Your pouch looks sooooo pretty!!! :)

    Aris
    Sailing into Second

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always wanted to get a sewing machine and learn how to use it. Wow, I am amazed at your wonderful sewing skills, it looks great! I hope you have a great weekend!:)

    Alma
    Mrs. Solis Teaching Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  8. Payday was a celebrated day in my house after 6 weeks! Every year, I keep thinking- next year I'll budget better! But Christmas does me in every. single. year.

    I haven't recently picked up a new interest in crocheting. I played around with it as a child when my grandmother taught me but recently picked up a needle and yarn and started on a scarf for my son. Enjoy your new-found hobby!

    My Kinder-Garden

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're not alone on veggies - I hate all but 4 (corn, carrots, green beans, peas). I SO wish I knew how to sew. I want a sewing machine real bad, but I don't know if I'd ever sit down and actually do it!

    Sara
    Miss V's Busy Bees
    ventrellasara@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a sewing machine, but it is buried under piles of stuff. Oh well, maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you learning to sew! That's on my list of skills I wish I had! Saw you on Currently. This is my first time participating! I'm your newest follower.

    Deb
    Not very fancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to learn how to sew. I even have a Pinterest board full of future sewing projects. How did you learn? Did you take a class?
    ~Angela
    Gig ‘Em Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angela, email me! I have a little nugget of information that will help you get started sewing! It's all free! Too much to type here! Lol! extraenergeticeducator@yahoo.com

      Delete
  13. That pouch is soo cute! I just sewed my first zippered pouch a few weeks ago. It took me about 3 hours haha! I got my sewing machine on Black Friday, and I've been addicted to it since. Right now I'm working on a t-shirt quilt.

    I'm running a link-up right now with the "teacher outfit" theme. Stop by if you get a chance!
    http://performinginfifth.blogspot.com/2014/02/teacher-outfits-linkup.html

    ReplyDelete